Looking for a fitness plan to get in shape for your wedding? For the next few months we will be teaming up with lifestyle and wedding blogger Brittany Sefton to bring you tips and workouts which will prep you for one of the most special days of your life. We want you to be the happiest and healthiest version of yourself when the big day arrives! See below for Brittany’s first installment:
“Every bride dreams of looking absolutely stunning when she walks down the isle on the most special day of her life. We tend to tell ourselves that we will get into a fitness routine “sometime” or “when it gets closer” but usually when that happens, we fall short. Here are some tips for every bride that can help you become dedicated to accomplishing the fitness goals you have set for your big day! You want to look great in the photos and video that Wonderland Weddings will be filming so put your best foot forward!
- START EARLY! This is probably one of the most important tips because things ALWAYS come up in our lives. If you start your fitness plan only 3 months before the wedding, chances are half of those days you planned to work out, will be taken up by something else. If you start early, you will become used to the routine and it won’t matter as much if you miss a week here or there.
- Find a plan that works for YOU! If you are a person that hates cardio, don’t center your workouts on cardio! In fact, lifting weights allows you to focus your attention on the muscle groups you want to target most, providing you with quicker results. If you are someone whom hates lifting, try and find a plan that requires more cardio but still incorporates some simple weight training.
- Be ready to work hard! It won’t come easy, so stay dedicated and know that your results will only come if you set your mind to achieving your goals. I remember times when I felt like I had done enough, and thought I would see results even though I didn’t push myself very hard. Well I was wrong! If I don’t feel tired and sore after a workout, I know I didn’t work hard enough. However, know your limits and what you can and can’t take. You know your body better than anyone else.
- Change your eating habits! Adding killer workouts to your schedule isn’t enough. You have to fuel your body with nutritious foods or you will not see results. I find it easier to stick to healthy eating habits once I have done it for a week straight while also working out 5-6 times a week. It takes three weeks or more to develop new habits so stick with it through the tough transition and soon enough it will be a lifestyle.
- Start small. We all dream of having the perfect body like the fitness models we see on every social media site. But you can’t set insanely large goals when you are just starting. When finding a workout plan, make sure it isn’t too much to handle right off the bat and if you are a beginner, don’t work out like a professional. You will gradually get there but it takes time and dedication.
- Enjoy yourself. Make your workouts fun and allow them to change your mood for your entire week! When you focus on your fitness, you are giving back to yourself, which is so important for overall health. Use that happiness after completing a killer workout and let it translate into the rest of your life. Being engaged is such a special time. Let your fitness journey play an exciting part in it! To make it extra fun, try doing a fitness plan with your fiancé! My fiancé and I started working out together right after we got engaged and he inspired me to change the way I worked out. He made me a fitness plan that has changed my perspective on weight training and I can’t wait to share a part of it!
In my next post, I will be sharing my favorite lower body routine that will help tone your legs and glutes!”
Follow Brittany on INSTAGRAM and her BLOG!